These days the trend of buying an electric smoker is on rise. More and more people are buying these to smoke beef and meat at home. Not only this, the smoked foods are in most of the parties, are served as special delicacies. In such situations, one may think that he or she is just going in the flow of the trend while buying an electric smoker. You may even think: “Why should I buy an electric smoker? Is it just because everyone else is doing the same?”
If you are thinking along these lines, you have got lot more reasons to make up your mind to buy the electric smoker. The taste of grilled meat, smoked beef and salmons, and the barbecued chicken are just too small the reasons for helping you make up your mind. The other benefits include the health benefits and excellent binding which you get to foster at such smoked food and barbeque parties.
Here are the reasons why one should consider buying an electric smoker and the benefits of eating smoked foods:
- According to the national institute of health there are certain benefits of eating smoked foods. These of course come with certain drawbacks too. However, the harms as projected of eating smoked foods is little and can be ignored. The national institute of heath cautions people from eating smoked foods. However, the recommendation is often cited for those smoked and packed foods which are commonly available in the market. According to the heath institute, smoking foods and especially meats leave them not properly cooked. In certain cases, some parasites found in pork and meat may survive in packed smoked foods. Smoking is the process of cooking food in the smoke produced by charcoal and wooden chips. The smoked food is thus not cooked properly before being packed. But when it comes to eating foods smoked at home, there are numerous health benefits.
- Foods which are commonly smoked are high in proteins, these include beef, meat, salmon, fish, chicken, etc. Eating a high protein food is of course good for health. Moreover, smoking ensures that the extra fats are eliminated in the process of smoking. This means that smoked foods are high in protein content and low in fat. The smoked food also retain most of their nutrients. Smoking for longer time and at lower temperatures ensures that the food retains not just its texture and taste but also its nutrition value. Properly smoked foods are thus best sources of low fat proteins and are healthy to eat.
- Are smoked foods carcinogenic? No. While the national institute of health mentions in its guide for smoked foods that smoked foods may contain carcinogens absorbed from the smoke, it also mentions that the carcinogens absorbed from the smoke can be minimised by first marinating the meat by using vinegar. Marinating process ensures that the proteins in the meat or beef remain soft and also that they do not absorb the carcinogens from the smoke. According to the national health institute, marinating the beef, meat or salmon before smoking and then smoking it on low temperature for longer duration ensures that your meat remains free from any carcinogens absorbed from the smoke. It also ensures that the meat absorbs the best flavour from the wooden smoke and retains its nutrition while losing any extra fat in the proteins stored in the muscle fibres of your non vegetarian food.
- Maintains the familial ties and bonds: These days, modern electric smokers come in various size and shapes. Most of them are handy enough to be carried or transported to your favourite spot. This means that you always remain free to choose your favourite spot to smoke your food. While smoking salmons or fish require little less temperature, smoking meat of beef may require longer duration in the cooking chamber and higher temperatures. Nonetheless, the best thing about these smokers is that they can be easily transported as well as can be used by any nerd. That means that even if you do not know the science behind great smoking process, you can still cook well. These days the modern electric smokers come with presets which can be controlled in your own way. One can either select any preset or can adjust both the time and temperature according to his wish or the food that is being prepared or cooked in the electric smokers. This gives you advantage over others in the sense that you can choose the preset and relax, while in the mean time your electric smoker does it work and ensures that your food is cooked in most delicious manner and absorbs the best of smokes.
- Which one to choose finally: If you are on the task of making that final decision about which among all the various electric smokers available in the market will suit you the most, consider these points. Never ever miss to keep an eye over the type of heat flow design your electric smoker is designed. While the electric smokers with the heat flow design of bottom to top, in which the heat flows from the bottom to the top are best suited for family parties and home smoking of the meats and beefs. The smoker with top to bottom design of heat flow is best suited for professionals who specialise in preparing smoked food. The electric smoker in which the heat flows from top to bottom and sideways are best suited for barbequing the chicken when required in short time. Whereas, the electric smokers in which the heat flows from bottom to top are best suited for home use. Former type of electric smokers ensures that the meat is smoked slowly and that they retain most of the smoke that goes in producing the steam in the chamber.
So next time you are invited to a smoke food party and want to know the secret behind the magic of smoked foods, be assured that it has been prepared using and electric smoker. So, why not consider the benefits of an electric smoker, and taste great and healthier meats and beefs?
One of the most fascinating gifts of the modern science is the electric smoker. Gone are the days when you needed to sit over barbecuing your meat or beef. Also gone are days when you needed to get wooden chips, light them and then continuously monitor the cinders just to smoke, grill or barbecue the food of your wish. This is so because the modern day electric smokers have replaced all these needs. You no longer need to take that extra pain to taste a good quality smoked food. This is also because with modern electric smokers you can easily let the food get smoked over night and take no tensions. So, if you love to taste smoked foods, or your family and friends also love them, just go and buy and electric smoker and start smoking, grilling or barbecuing your favorite meet or beef with the presets already available on the control panel your new electric smoker.
Why electric smokers?
There are several types of electric smokers available in the market. These include traditional smokers, gas smokers, charcoal smokers, propane smokers etc. In such a scenario deciding which one to buy can be a tough task. Moreover, smokers are bit expensive, so you just can’t buy anything and replace it the next year if you wish to. The basic behind choosing the right type of the smoker is to do some basic research about them and then make the final decision.
Different types of smokers are usually classified based on the fuel they use for smoking the food. Understanding these will be an important task for the kind of the fuel use to smoke your chicken or salmon will decide how much time or energy you will have to dedicate towards actual smoking or its preparation. So know your smoker well and opt for the one which best suits your life style and is easy for you to use.
Charcoal smokers use charcoal to smoke the food. The burning char coal is placed in the combustion chamber of the smoker and the food is left to be smoked. These types of smokers usually need lot more attention than other type of smokers. One may place the wooden chips along with the burning charcoal to add that unique flavor to the barbecue.
The propane smokers are gas smokers and heat the wood which is placed in the combustion chamber which in turn is used to smoke the meat or beef kept in the smoker. These types of smokers also need lot of attention while the food is being smoked. This is so because one needs to continuously monitor the temperature of the chamber and ensure that the heat is even distributed.
An electric smoker is different from these two types of the smokers in the sense that it uses electricity in place or charcoal or propane. In an electric smoker, heating coil is used to heat the wooden chips which are placed in the combustion chamber to produce steam to smoke the meat. Thus electric smokers are relatively easier to use. With an electric smoker, you need not worry about arranging the charcoal or propane for the smoker. Also you get rid of controlling the way the charcoal or the propane burns in the combustion chamber. This removes the most hectic task out of the smoking process and let you enjoy a far more liberty with your time while smoking your favourite food. Not only this, electric smoker has far more benefits over the other types of smokers available in the mark.
- Temperature control: These days the electric smokers come with automated temperature controller system. A rheostat or thermostat keeps an eye on the temperature of the chamber in which the food to be smoked is kept. The user has the option to set the temperature range, and relax. The electric smoker maintains this temperature range and thus eliminates the need to keep on checking the temperature of the combustion chamber. Without the need to continuously monitor the temperature of the oven, you get free time to do other chores while the food is getting smoked or grilled.
- Versatility: With the feature of temperature control, the electric smoker becomes more versatile. Most of the electric smokers have wide range of temperature variation. The temperature can be varied over a long range. This allows you to use your electric smoker not just to smoke the chicken or meat, but also to barbeque or slowly prepare the salmon. Electric smokers thus are versatile and can be used to prepare various kind of food.
- Requires no monitoring: Ask anyone who uses an electric heater to smoke meat or beef, and they will tell you that with an electric smoker, smoking is just fun and requires almost no monitoring. This is so because modern day electric smokers are designed by engineers who also design the heat structure of the smoking chamber. The smoking chambers of these electric smokers are designed so as to evenly distribute the heat in the chamber. This ensures that the food is evenly cooked and there are no burn stains on electric smoked meats or beefs.
- Is economic: Though most of the electric smokers are quite expensive, they are relatively more economic in the long run and are worth the investment. Most of the electric smokers, are handy and can is easily transported to the place you wish to smoke your chicken or host a party for family and friends. This ensures that even when you are hosting the party for your friends and family, you are still enjoying your time with them. Not only this, electric smokers are economic also in terms of the fuel they use. A charcoal or propane smoker will cost you much more on fuel expenditure than any electric smoker.
Apart from these benefits some users think that the meat smoked in an electric smoker does not has natural flavours like the meat prepared by the traditional smokers. They think the meat smoked in the electric smoker also gets flavour from other sources. However, for most others, it’s just a myth, and the meat smoked in an electric smoker, tastes as good as if it were smoked in a charcoal smoker.
These days we all are too busy to find out time for the things that we love to do. Most of the time one has to manage in the minimal spare time one has got after doing his/her job and other house chores. Here comes the need to do multi tasking. While multitasking can leave you feeling bored and tired, which ultimately depletes down your energy levels. In such a scenario it is important that you find some alternative to multitasking. Most of the tasks these days are computerised. In short you can instantaneously employ someone or some gadget to do your task and relax or focus your attention to doing something more important or of need. But when it comes to preparing food, most of us will agree that it obviously requires lot of time and energy. However, being a basic need you can never leave it. So one always has to find and devote time to making food. When you just need to cook for your family of four, it can be manageable. But what if your friends and family are gathering for a quick get together and they wish you to prepare that special barbecued chicken that you specialise in?
Here is where an electric smoker finds a way into your home and into your kitchen. With an electric smoker you can place the food to be smoked and just relax. There will be no need to go and check the smoking kettle or check if the cinders are burning well or not. An electric smoker will do the task of controlling the temperature of the smoking even automatically and keeping it in control. This not only saves the time of any good cook and let him enjoy together with his or her family, but it is equally good for those who are novice in the art of smoking meat, beef or even salmon. With an electric smoker any novice can set the smoker in the right mode for the desired food and get the same quality smoked food.
That’s the reason why you should consider buying an electric smoker. With a good quality electric smoker, smoking food or meat becomes easy and cooking becomes fun, faster and pleasurable art. It not only saves your time, but also ensures that every bit you bit of the food smoked in an electric smoker is delicious and adorable. So, next time you plan to add something to your kitchen, consider buying an electric smoker.
Which electric smoker to buy: Things you should look for in an electric smoker
Even when it might seem that buying an electric smoker is no rocket science, one might still get confused before choosing the right electric smoker. The reason is obvious- we all love smoked food, which are both delicious and healthy, and market is full of various models of electric smokers manufactured by different companies. Moreover, every model looks different, trendy, and attractive with some other feature in addition to the one you just saw before.
If you wish to cook fish, salmon or crab not all electric smokers will work. So before you make the final choice about the electric smoker you wish to buy, consider these points and ensure that that the electric smoker of your choice meets your needs.
- Temperature control: Good cooks know the importance o f both temperature control and time control to prepare any good dish. A good cooks continuously monitors the heat of his cooking ware to ensure that food is neither over cooker or under cooked. An electric smoker does that job automatically for you. An electric smoker does this job by using thermostats or rheostats. While both the versions are good to use, most of the users rate electric smokers using rheostats as good, when compared to an electric smoker using thermostat for temperature control.
- Look for the caveats: All electric smokers come with preinstalled caveats in the combustion chamber. This lets the excess heat and smoke escape out of the combustion chamber. While the excess steam or smoke escapes, the temperature is still maintained in an electric smoker. This ensures that the food you prepare using an electric smoker does not tastes smokier. In traditional style of cooking one need to stir the food to ensure that it is not burnt in any particular side. An electric smoker even eliminates this need, for it maintains the temperature of the complete unit fairly constant. The result is a delicious food with no stains of burn or something. The food thus not tastes good but also looks good and best.
- Heat structure of the electric smoker: Lot more of the science related to an electric smoker goes in the preparation of its heat structure. Engineers design this in order to ensure that the food is prepared well and faster. If you are a professional and need to smoke the meat or beef faster, you should go for smokers in which heat flows upside down and at the sides. While if you wish to buy an electric smoker for your personal use it is better to opt for the smokers in which the heat flows from downside to upside. This allows the food to be cooked slowly and thus retain its natural flavours.
- Layer structure: The electric smokers come fitted with various kinds of trays. These may be placed horizontally or at some inclination. For preparing meat the horizontal trays are the best. While for preparing fish hollow and slightly inclined trays are the best. Apart from the design it is also worth considering the material of the tray. Trays can be made of simple steels or stainless steels, or of some other material. Ensure that the material of the tray is durable and is something which needs less maintenance. In most of the cases stainless steel trays are considered best.
- The cost: Most of us have tight budget and want to get the best out of the money we have. The idea behind ensuring this that you don’t overshoot your limits is that you do some basic research ahead of going to the store and are sure about the needs of your kitchen.
Gone are the days when one was needed to collect fuel woods to smoke the meat, salmon, chicken, jerky or beef, and sit for hours monitoring it when it was being prepared. Electric smokers are the best options available next to them. The most important benefit is that these are handy, ready to use, and require minimum to no monitoring. If you wish to smoke that meat to give it the essence of the traditionally smoked meat, you just need to install an electric smoke and place the meat in it and program the smoker. Most of the electric smoker available these days are programmable and offer good deal of freedom to the user. One can even leave for the office or go out and enjoy with the assurance that by the time he/she will return the smoked salmon or chicken will be ready to serve. All these benefits with other obvious benefits make the electric smokers a must buy electric home appliance.
Good food binds the hearts of the people and brings them close. So, if you plan to have some good time together with your friends and family preparing a good food and inviting them is the best you can do. Electric smokers can add magic to this, for they add extra depth and flavor in the meat you prepare. It is equally good for cooking chicken, salmon and other non vegetarian food items. Not only has this using an electric heater had additional health benefits. Here are reasons which will make you consider buying an electric smoker.
- It’s healthy: Smoking is the process of preparing food in the steam, often from the burning wood that is smoked. The food, especially the meat is placed over the steam or smoke and is allowed to cook slowly. This not only helps in retaining the taste of the pure meat or beef but also adds unique flavors which are found only in smoked beefs and meats. Smoking meat is a healthy alternative to deep frying it or cooking traditionally too. Smoking meet or beef requires no oil or deep frying. Thus the cooked meat or beef remains free of any extra oil. Slow cooking and no need to deeply fry ensures that the meat retains not just its unique flavor but also its nutritional value. So, if you are health conscious buying a good electric smoker will be your best investment of the year.
- It is easy to use: Traditionally cooking and especially smoking was considered an art. The reason behind it is simple that one needs to consider everything in detail and should have reasonably good cooking experience to grill or smoke meat or beef. Inexperienced cook will most of the time over do the smoking process and get the meat grilled in spite of smoking it or under cook it. Both will not yield you the desired taste of the well smoked meat or beef. Modern day electric smokers tend to eliminate this task with the presets that are available on their control panels. If you wish to grill or smoke, just choose the appropriate preset for the concerned food and you will get the desired result.
- It is convenient and reliable: Electric smokers are convenient to use. They are handy and can be easily transported to the place you want to smoke your favorite meat. Not only this most of the electric smokers are versatile when it comes to the fuel they use, in most of the electric smoker you can choose the desired fuel. This gives you the independence to add the flavor you wish to impart to your beef or meat.
- Variation of the temperature and wide range: Most of the modern day electric smokers come with the presets which can even be programmed in few of the modernized smokers. This allows you to use the same electric smoker to cook various kinds of the meats or beefs. Cooking fishes and salmons require low temperature and relatively longer time, while smoking beef or the meat requires relatively high temperature and time. You can easily do this with your electric smoker. The electric smokers can be set to any temperature varying from as low as 60 degree Celsius to few hundred degrees Celsius. Not only this, you can also program an electric smoker to smoke your favorite meat for certain specified time duration too. This ensures that if you wish to smoke the beef for two hours, you can do it without being occupied for the complete time. All you need to do is set the timer and temperature and leave the machine to do its job. In the mean time you can do the groceries or can go out to shop at the nearby retailer.
- Suitable both for personal use and parties: The best thing about electric smokers is that they can be used both for commercial and personal use. This also means that if you wish to party with friends, your electric smoker will be ready to serve you all with quality of smoked, or grilled or barbeque meat or pork. This is so because with the option to set the temperature and time you can do all- i.e. smoking, grilling, or preparing the barbeque.
More than all these the electric smoker is the best investment you can make in order to keep your kitchen up to date. The additional benefit of the electric smoker over the traditional smoker is that it leaves no traces of the ashes even. The electric smokers are also available in various sizes and shapes, are handy and easily transportable, can be set according to your wish of the dish, and are well in budget. However, before making the final decision about the model of the electric smoker to be purchased one must consider comparing the various models and be clear about the needs of their kitchen. Apart from this the most important thing is using a smoker is far more healthy than the ways of traditional cooking methods. So this vacation, make up your mind and bring home your favorite electric smoker.